Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fever, sure has got me good

My brain is a messy collage of desires and ambitions and lusts and general feelings of frustration and excitement and indulgence. Today at work I clucked like a chicken and told the more adventurous of my female residents that I needed a man in that way. "I have needs too!" I said and winked and they laughed raucously. So much for the generation gap. Later on my favourite girl to work with (though she is in her 40s and has two teenage daughters) told me about her first sexual encounter with her husband over a packet of menthol cigarettes (ugh! I was too lazy to go inside and get mine). We both commented that it was an odd day, we were strangely scatter shot Alices in Wonderland and our residents were holding up the sane, oddly calm end of the bargain. Was it lack of sleep? Was it the claustrophobic humidity? Strangely satisfying nonetheless.

I bought new copies of frankie and RUSSH to read on my lunch break, and when I thought about it, completely agreed with Pip Brophy's 'top five essentials for the sunny season':
1. A cute boy 2. Blueys beach (any beach would do right now) 3. The sun on my face 4. BBQs on balmy nights 5. Sunday afternoons with friends that you wish would never end. I am strangely excited about the forthcoming summer in a way I find strange and foreign, I am trying to analyse why, but maybe I should just go with the flow and let my skin go gradually brown.

Also, there are lots of pretty things I am liking the look and sound of. This sort of miscellany is the glue that actually holds me together...

-
Kylie Minogue - Fever
- by Alexander Wang

- lots of necklaces at once
- dark-haired boys in navy-blue suits
- perfect weather for maxi dresses
- new white hair on saturday
- this girl in this dress (by Vivienne Westwood)

- lustlustLUST (think Pj Harvey's
This Is Love)
- tacky red fingernails
- fish & chips & tomato sauce


...In less exciting news, this is why I can't afford to FIX & REGISTER MY FREAKING CAR!!!:
Gas Bill (quarterly) - $230
Electricity Bill (quarterly) - $133.50
Internet Bill (monthly) - $113 (don't go over your bandwidth children!)
Foxtel Bill (monthly) - $66
Insurance Repayment - $200
Repayment for Smash Repairs - $100
That's $842.50 worth of bills and repayments in the first week of November. Ok, the last two come out regularly, but seriously, that's still $542.50 without them. Grrr! I don't think frustrated really covers how I'm feeling right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment